What is an example of God being omnipresent?
There are many stories in the Bible which reveal the power of God. An example of God’s omnipotence is found in Genesis chapter 1 that describes the creation of the world. It states how God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh.
What is God’s omnipotence?
Omnipotence is maximal power. Maximal greatness (or perfection) includes omnipotence. According to traditional Western theism, God is maximally great (or perfect), and therefore is omnipotent. … They wonder, for example, whether God can create a spherical cube, or make a stone so massive that he cannot move it.
What are the 3 attributes of God?
In Western (Christian) thought, God is traditionally described as a being that possesses at least three necessary properties: omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (all-powerful), and omnibenevolence (supremely good). In other words, God knows everything, has the power to do anything, and is perfectly good.
What does it mean for God to be infinite?
Being truly infinite, God knows no restrictions of space, ability, or power. He is everywhere. There are no edges or limits to His presence, nor are there pockets where He is absent. Neither is there any place where God is not supreme, for He governs all. God is also all-knowing.
What are the 9 attributes of God?
Terms in this set (9)
- God is unique. There is no God like Yahweh.
- God is infinite and omnipotent. God is everywhere, unlimited, and all-powerful. …
- God is eternal. God always was and always will be. …
- God is immense. …
- God contains all things. …
- God is immutable. …
- God is utterly simple-a pure spirit. …
- God is personal.
Why is God not omnipotent?
Likewise, God cannot make a being greater than himself because he is, by definition, the greatest possible being. God is limited in his actions to his nature. … If a being is accidentally omnipotent, it can resolve the paradox by creating a stone it cannot lift, thereby becoming non-omnipotent.
What are the 4 characteristics of God?
What is God’s power?
(1) God’s power, the sort of power that dwells within every born-again believer and energizes his/her life and ministry is not the sort of “thing” that you can touch or contain in a bottle. It is the very energy of the life of God himself. It is the supernatural energy that emanates from God’s being.
What are the characteristics of a godly man?
Characteristics of a Godly Man
- He Keeps His Heart Pure. Oh, those stupid temptations! …
- He Keeps His Mind Sharp. A Godly man desires to be wise so he can make good choices. …
- He Has Integrity. A Godly man is one that puts an emphasis on his own integrity. …
- He Works Hard. …
- He Devotes Himself to God. …
- He Never Gives Up.
Is God omnipotent omniscient and Omnibenevolent?
God is omniscient (all-knowing), omnipresent (everywhere), omnipotent (all-powerful), and omnibenevolent (all-good). He is timeless. God is infinitely merciful, kind, and loving; but also wrathful, vengeful, and will punish those who go against his teachings.
Does God have infinite wisdom?
God granted mankind wisdom, to an extent, as an intentional impartation of His likeness. … In doing so, she and Adam became like God–and His infinite wisdom–knowing good and evil, which was beyond the scope of the wisdom God thought proper and reasonable to impart to them at creation.
Is God omniscient?
According to this definition, God can be omniscient without having the de se beliefs of others, and whether his knowledge changes over time depends, not on the mere fact of his omniscience, but on the further question of whether he has his beliefs at temporal indices.
What is God’s infinite mercy?
God’s mercy goes beyond giving us what we deserve to giving us the greatest possible good, which is a share in the divine life of the Trinity.