How do you cite the NIV Bible in APA?
Citation: The Holy Bible, new international version. (1984). Grand Rapids: Zondervan Publishing House.
How do I reference a Bible verse?
When citing a passage of scripture, include the abbreviated name of the book, the chapter number, and the verse number—never a page number. Chapter and verse are separated by a colon. Example: 1 Cor. 13:4, 15:12-19.
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. …
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
How do you reference the Bible in a bibliography Harvard?
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
Do you italicize Bible verses in a paper?
Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. …
- Matthew 6:26. …
- Proverbs 3:5-6. …
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. …
- John 16:33. …
- Matthew 6:31-33. …
- Philippians 4:6.
Is a Study Bible a scholarly source?
A study Bible is an edition of the Bible prepared for use by a serious student of the Bible. It provides scholarly information designed to help the reader gain a better understanding of and context for the text.