How do you cite Psalms in MLA?
MLA Parenthetical Bible Citation
- In The New Oxford Annotated Bible, “Quote” (Ps. 25.4).
- Psalm 25.4 states, “Quote” (The King James Version).
How do you cite the Holy Bible in APA?
To cite a specific passage from the Bible, include an abbreviated book title followed by a chapter and verse number in the in-text citation.
How to cite the Bible in APA Style.
|Format||Bible Version Title. (Year). Publisher. URL|
|Reference entry||English Standard Version Bible. (2001). ESV Online. https://esv.literalword.com/|
How do you in-text cite the Bible?
The Bible. Italicize “The Bible” and follow it with the version you are using. Remember that your in-text (parenthetical citation) should include the name of the specific edition of the Bible, followed by an abbreviation of the book, the chapter and verse(s).
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. …
- Matthew 6:26. …
- Proverbs 3:5-6. …
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. …
- John 16:33. …
- Matthew 6:31-33. …
- Philippians 4:6.
Do you italicize Bible verses in a paper?
Do not italicize, underline, or use quotation marks for books and versions of the Bible.
How do you cite a study Bible?
In your Works Cited, include the title of the Bible, the version, and the publication information.
- Here are some examples for citing print and online editions of the Bible:
- Zondervan NIV Study Bible (K. L. Barker, Ed.; Full rev. …
- The English Standard Version Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments with Apocrypha.
How do you properly cite a quote?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.
How do you cite the Bible MHRA?
This is how to cite books of The Bible: Footnote format: Title. Version (Chapter. Verse).
How do you cite the Bible in APA 7?
When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list. When citing the Bible the in-text citation should follow the order of the template as shown here: Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
How do you cite the Bible Harvard?
How do you reference the Bible in a bibliography Harvard?
- Book of the Bible.
- Chapter: verse.
- Holy Bible (not in italics).
- Version of the Holy Bible.
How do you cite a book in sentence?
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. “Here’s a direct quote” (Smith 8). If the author’s name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the works cited list, such as quotation marks.
How do you reference a book in a paper?
References to books should include the following:
- The author(s), or editor(s) – by surname and initial(s)
- Year of publication.
- The title (in italics or bold)
- The edition other than the first (if applicable)
- Place of publication.
- The publisher’s name.