What does it mean when God tells you to wait?
When God says, “Wait,” He doesn’t tell us for how long. … When God says, “Wait,” we have decisions to make. When God says, “Wait,” we can control only two things: how we wait, and who we become along the way. Author Elizabeth Laing Thompson invites you to walk alongside people of the Bible who had to wait on God. . .
Why do we wait on God?
*Waiting on God helps us to focus on the purpose and direction for our life according to God’s will. It’s important to take time to be still before God, falling deeply into Him, so we confidently know God’s will as we live out our daily lives. … *Waiting on God creates humility.
What does it mean to spiritually wait?
Biblically, waiting is an active verb indicating that “to wait” is to be aware through all of the senses of what is occurring around you and discerning the right time to do the next thing.
How can I be patient when God makes you wait?
5 Ways to Be Patient Waiting On God’s Timing
- Pray for patience and fortitude through the waiting season.
- Pray for God to reveal the next step or the next season.
- Pray for your heart to be open to the work God’s doing through this current season.
- Pray for transformation and renewal.
What does God say about waiting on him?
Psalm 27:14 – “Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” … 2 Peter 3:9 – “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
What is God’s perfect timing?
God’s perfect timing does two things: It grows our faith as we are forced to wait and trust in God and it makes certain that He, and He alone, gets the glory and praise for pulling us through. “My times are in Your hands …” Psalm 31:15. At the right time, God will provide your need.
What are 3 benefits of waiting?
Here are 3 waiting benefits in an instant gratification world:
- Waiting Benefit 1: creates value. When we wait for something it gains a value that cannot come elsewhere. …
- Waiting Benefit 2: builds character. Whether we like to admit it or not, we need to wait for the big moments. …
- Waiting Benefit 3: relieves our egos.
How do I wait on God?
9 Ways We Are To Wait Upon the Lord
- Acknowledging God’s sovereign control of all things. …
- Coming to terms with our dependence upon God. …
- Seeking spiritual strength from the Lord. …
- Being patient and quiet. …
- Refraining from needless fear and worry. …
- Continuing to learn and obey God’s commands. …
- Expecting the Lord to save.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
What does God mean when he says be still?
Today in church our pastor taught on the Bible scripture, “Be still and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10. “Be still’ means to stop striving, stop fighting, relax. It also means to “put your hands down”. Sometimes we put our hands up to defend ourselves from all that life can bring our way.
Why does God want us to be patient?
God also does this as we are walking in the spirit through life. … God wants to produce patience in us to slow us down and to show us how to trust in him. God does not test us just for the sake of testing us, but he tests us to teach us to walk in his ways and to trust in him.