What happens when you have a relationship with God?
A personal relationship with God is just like a relationship with anyone else in your life. It is fellowship, love, and trust between you and him. It means to know him and to be known by him. It’s much more than just going to church or even reading our Bibles.
What does being in love with God mean?
Love of God can mean either love for God or love by God. Love for God (philotheia) is associated with the concepts of worship, and devotions towards God. … The Greek term agape is applied both to the love that human beings have for God and to the love that God has for man.
How do I become deeper in God?
If you are really serious about going deeper with God, then you need to start by making room for Him. Make time to spend with Him then create a spot, a quiet place without distractions, where you can focus on Him and only Him. After making room for Him, the next thing to do is make a Bible study plan.
How do I fall in love with God deeply?
I find my love for God growing as I do the following:
- Think about Him. The more I think about Him, the more I fall in love with Him. …
- Tell Him I love Him. When I tell God I love him, I find the words are very true. …
- Spend time in His presence. …
- Choose to do everything out of love for Him.
What are the signs of loving God?
4 signs that God first loved you
- He’s our shepherd. In the Parable of the Lost Sheep (Luke 15:3-7), the Good Shepherd is the one who goes looking for the lost sheep. …
- He doesn’t leave us as orphans. …
- He cries with us in our pain and grief. …
- We can’t earn His love.
What is going deeper in God?
To know God even more, we must go deeper by revelation of the Scripture, revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will reveal deeper truths of God’s Word as we study the Bible and remain open to His teaching and guidance. … It is by the Spirit of the Lord (Zechariah 4:6).
How do you know God is deep?
“But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10). The gospel (Christ and His salvific work) are “the deep things of God” which are now “revealed by God through His Spirit” to the people of faith.